20081121

YOU FILL YOUR HEAD WITH CULTURE, YOU GIVE YOURSELF AN ULCER

I cannot believe it. I am devastated. I feel indifferent towards almost every person in my life.
It's horrible. Yet, it's clarity and simplicity is comforting. And nerve-racking.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle has absolutely blown my mind, and I'm not even half way through it. Afterwards, I plan on diving into Kafka on the Shore, Norwegian Wood, and Sputnik Sweetheart. Haruki Murakami is amazing.

Here are two recent favorites from Flickr, first by treblig シ and the other by ::pelican::.

11 comments:

  1. The pictures are very lovely:D

    And yes, the wind up bird is such a lovely book! I enjoyed reading it very much:D I love the other books you mentioned as well, all amazing! Especially Sputnik Sweetheart although it is a bit short;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, flickr is so addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. norwegian wood is amazing you must read a wild sheep chase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pictures are awesome.

    *LIONMANE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE Haruki Murakami! The first novel of his that I read was Kafka on the Shore, and it was splendid! The Wind Up Bird Chronicles is also really good, I like how it is so long, and filled with characters, plots, settings and such. Good luck with him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kvestelser: i also really like how it's long. i just began part II and i feel like there is so much more to discover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are both stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the mountain foto is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow... great pics! thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello! thanks very much for your comment on the photography.. :-) I dont have a FLICKR account though..

    -V

    ReplyDelete