20080906

LIKE A BIRD ON THE WIRE, LIKE A DRUNK IN A MIDNIGHT CHOIR, I HAVE TRIED IN MY WAY TO BE FREE.

"As always, Canada will now bury its war dead, just as the rest of the world, as always, will forget its sacrifice, just as it always forgets nearly everything Canada ever does. It seems that Canada's historic mission is to come to the selfless aid both of its friends and of complete strangers, and then, once the crisis is over, to be well and truly ignored. Canada is the perpetual wallflower that stands on the edge of the hall, waiting for someone to come and ask her for a dance."
Kevin Myers (The Daily Telegraph, London)

I am only a Canada-enthusiast because in Canada, I see myself.
Whimper.
Whimper.
Whimper.

God.

But a boy was about to ask for my number last night. So that's a start, right?
Today shall be spent singing Serge compositions and surfing youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment