20080806

T H E NEW ADDITION TO THE INDEPTH LIST OF THINGS I KNOW WHEN I AM REMINDED OF THEM LATER IN LIFE I WILL FEEL INTENSE NOSTALGIA

4. The feeling of anxiety and love that crawls up my abdomen whilst riding in the boat, passing the point bearing a flagpole but no flag, about to feast my eyes on Birdland/the Mucker Compound which I left a full year earlier.

So: The cottage was a real joy. Not the same, but still enjoyable. I left my iPod at Joel and Mary's and I really wish I had brought it. The whole visit I had Donovan's Jersey Thursday stuck in head, along with the notion that the only way to rid of it would be to listen to it. On my iPod.

Nearing the end of the drive home, Joel played the Blue Rodeo album that reminds me of my parents. I faked sleep. I miss the buggers. I really miss Mata dog. Looking at the new clothes I've bought, they lack one thing. Mata hair. It's just not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment